Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce


I have a rather desperate plea for prayer today. My Uncle Howard had surgery for cancer yesterday, and it didn't go well. Howard has been an alcoholic for over 30 years; he's only 49 years old and the baby of the family. He had a rough youth, and the drinking has made his adulthood more of the same. A few weeks ago, he discovered a lump behind his left ear, and when the doctors tested it, they discovered cancer. I'm not sure the exact type, but it's caused by excessive alcohol use. He was admitted to the hospital two weeks ago to dry him out for the surgery. They found two more lumps before the surgery under his chin. He went into surgery yesterday at 10 am and while in, the doctors found the cancer was very aggressive and had spread. They removed part of his shoulder, his jugular vein, portions of his throat and several lymph nodes along with the already identified spots. He didn't get out of surgery until after 6 pm, and then had to be rushed right back in because he had ruptured a blood vessel. My mom spent most of the evening there and will be heading right back up tonight. He has a tracheotomy and Mom says he looks like Frankenstein because of all of the large metal staples from the surgery. The news gets worse: his doctor told Mom that if Howard never touches another drink of alcohol, he has a 30-40% chance of surviving five years. And that's a huge if. Howard doesn't know God, and I've been praying that God is using this as a way to get him away from alcohol and draw him to Jesus. Could you please pray for Howard's health and most of all his salvation? When he woke up last night, he kept making signs with his hands, and Mom couldn't figure out what he wanted. Finally she was able to recognize that he was saying, "I love you." It's a small sign of hope in the midst of this crisis.

I normally review books here, but I received a product in the mail about a month ago, and I have to tell you about it. Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce sent me two bottles of their sauce along with some recipes and asked my family to try it out. Now, I'm not a big fan of barbecue sauce, in fact, I can't stand the stuff. But this sauce is absolutely fantastic. Jesse, my husband, is the cook in the house, and he made several different meals with it. This is what he has to say: It had a well balanced flavor that really does make it an all purpose sauce. It was excellent on burgers and the barbecue sandwiches were easily the best I've ever had. We were able to slow cook a roast in it and it was perfect. It didn't become caramelized from the heat and the flavor soaked well into the entire roast. All in all it is the best sauce I've ever used and we need to get more of it!!! I completely agree! It wasn't too sweet, has a little bit of a kick, and the pulled beef sandwiches he made with it were awesome; I can't wait for him to make more. It made our burgers nice and juicy, and they didn't dry out when served as leftovers a couple of days later. I know that Jesse put them on fries and liked it that way too. It's an incredibly versatile sauce, and the best part is their logo: Christ is Our CEO. The website is having a special offer right now; sign up for their blog, and they will send you a free bottle. My free bottles are gone, but it is on my shopping list, and I'm thrilled to know that Wal-Mart carries it (yay!). I wouldn't speak up for a product I didn't firmly believe in, so don't take my word for it, try it for yourself!

Don't forget to sign up for my book contest this week. Just drop me an email before 10 pm tomorrow!

0 comments: