Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Adventures of Rusty & Ginger Fox

Adventures of Rusty & Ginger FoxThe Adventures of Rusty & Ginger Fox by Tim Ostermeyer is a beautifully photographed book that will entertain both kids and their parents. First Mia's review: the book tells about friendship and meeting new people and animals in the adventures of Rusty and Ginger. My favorite page in the book was when Rusty was swimming because it was so cute! My favorite part was when they found the treasure chest because everyone was happy and sharing. I especially liked how generous the girls were with the money. I liked it because the girls were very nice by not keeping it all for themselves. I learned some cool animal facts like wolves' howling can be heard ten miles away! Now my thoughts: I was pleasantly surprised by this children's picture book. Ostermeyer has taken gorgeous shots of a pair of young foxes and created a tale of them adventuring through the forest and meeting several other animals. Then they meet up again with their parents to explore an island with a mysterious treasure chest which a pair of young girls help them open, and together the foxes and children share the contents. The pictures are beyond gorgeous, I would love a poster of the shot inside the covers, each one is a mini-masterpiece and sure to quickly grab children's attention. Mia didn't want to read the animal facts until after we'd finished the story, and at first she thought she would be bored by them, but in reading, we both enjoyed reading some truly surprising facts about each animal (including humans) pictured. I felt that the ending with the treasure chest was a bit unusual, but it did give the story more depth than your average animal-photo book, and there is a message of unselfishness for children, which Mia immediately recognized, as well. When we finished reading, Mia was quick to write her name proudly in the name box inside the front covers and claim this book as her own, and one that I'm sure she will enjoy looking at again and again.

Thank you to Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicists for providing me with a copy of this book for review!

0 comments: