Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beloved Counterfeit

Last night at the scholarship ceremony, Doogie received one scholarship from the Oconto Falls library. It was a long night, over $400,000 was given away in scholarships. I definitely learned a great deal that we can use to Molly's advantage in two years. I got a picture of Doogie getting his scholarship, but unfortunately it's not very good.

Tonight while Mia and I were waiting for Jesse to come home from work, she started singing songs and dancing on the bed. The songs were very sweet and it sounded like something she would have learned in Sunday School. I asked her about them, and she said that she was making them up. I Googled the lyrics, and I can't find anything like them. I quickly grabbed a pen and started writing, and while she couldn't recreate one exactly as she had sang it at first, the resulting songs are still pretty amazing for a six-year-old.

I love Jesus because he's in my heart
and he made me
I love Jesus because he's in my heart
and he made me.
He is mine!
I love him!
When I don't know what to do,
He helps me out.
I love Jesus because he's in my heart
and he made me.
I love Jesus because he's in my heart
and he made me.


I love the Lord!
I love him because he takes care of me
I love him
I love him
I love him because he loves me
I love him
I love him
I love him because he's in my heart.

Beloved Counterfeit by Kathleen Y'Barbo is the third book in the Fairweather Key series. Ruby O'Shea has taken shelter on the island hiding from her illustrious past as a prostitute and the sister-in-law of a known pirate, Thomas Hawkins. After her sister's death, Ruby has taken her three nieces under her care to protect them from their murderous father. Micah Tate is about to take over as pastor of the small parish, but his heart has been caught by the mysterious Ruby. At first their marriage is one of convenience and protection, but as their feelings for each other grow and secrets come out, will it survive? Ruby is an enigmatic and empathetic character desperate to leave her past behind. Readers can relate to her difficulty in letting go of her sins. Ruby knows in her head that God has forgiven her, but it's hard to make that connection in her heart. Y'Barbo allows the romance to grow naturally and magically, in bursts and leaps with occasional stumbles and retreats. It's a terrific historical romance about the power of God's forgiveness.

Less than 100 hits to go before the blog hits 15,000 visitors! Scroll down and see if you are #15,000, if you are, send me an email to claim your prize!

Today's second picture is of Mia with her krazy klothes outfit from yesterday.

0 comments: