Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter from my family to yours!



I've been on the new medication, Meloxicam, for a week. At first it seemed like a wonder drug, I actually was without pain, or close to it, for the first time in I don't know how long. But, as I am prone to do, I overdid it. This week has been so busy, and there is so much that I needed to get done, I pushed myself to the breaking point every day, until yesterday I broke. I took Molly shopping for her Easter dress and then came home to bed. I'm still there, despite the dishes needing to be done and living room to be straightened. It's hard for me to accept my limitations sometimes. I don't want to do things by half measure; I either want to be resting completely or rushing like crazy.

Another of the many lessons I'm learning from my illness is to pay attention to what I can and can't do. I have to look at what the day holds and decide what to do, knowing that I can' do it all. Otherwise I end up like today dumping everything on poor Jesse's shoulders. God has taught me so much in the last few years; I don't think I am at all the same person I was before I became sick, and that's a good thing!

Today's pic is one Mia drew yesterday. I love how she placed herself at the center of the picture and then the rest of the family around her. She made sure that she drew her daddy with "handsome hair" as she calls it. She wrote everyone's names as well so you can tell who is who.

My family is very blessed. Tonight we're having supper with Jesse's parents. Tomorrow breakfast is at church, then lunch at my mom's, and supper at my dad's. I'm looking forward to 24 hours of time with the people I love and celebrating Christ's resurrection. Have a wonderful, blessed Easter.

0 comments: