Friday, January 25, 2008

101 Cups of Water

Mia is growing up so quickly. In the last week or so she's transitioned from Dora the Explorer to the Olsen twins. Last week she was obsessed with Lindsey Lohan's The Parent Trap. I think I watched that movie 6 times in four days. She still loves dressing up in princess dresses, but now it's been influenced by the Fancy Nancy books so she tries to speak French and walk fancy while doing so. When dressing herself, she pulls dresses out of the closet rather than the jeans and T-shirts I pull out of her dresser. Today she's in a faux leather black dress with white socks and black Mary Janes. Her current favorite song: Peer Gynt by Edvard Grieg. She's been watching Little Einsteins this week and playing their games on Playhouse Disney online. She loves ballet, especially The Nutcracker and Swan Lake. Jess and I are looking around for lessons in the area that don't cost an arm and a leg. Her fifth birthday is in six days, and this year we're taking her to Build A Bear. I'll post pictures of the final product.


Can anyone explain to me why it is on school days Mia sleeps until I wake her at seven. I have to cajole her gently while she says she doesn't want to wake up and go to school. But today when there is no school, she comes barreling in the bedroom at 6:30 ready to start her day!

101 Cups of Water: Relief and Refreshment for the Tired, Thirsty Soul by C.D. Baker is an absolutely charming book. It's a small hardcover filled with simple black and white photos that compliment essays by Baker about faith and the human spirit. Each essay fills only one page, and with titles like A Cup of Healing and A Cup of Strength, it's easy to find one to suit the needs of your spirit whatever the circumstance. The essays are written in first person, so it's easy to relate and learn along with the writer. I really enjoyed reading a few essays each night. I'd flip through the book looking for a title or picture that caught my eye, and then the essay would capture my heart. This book would make a terrific gift for yourself or someone else.

The winner of the book contest drawing was Jennifer Thompson. Congrats to Jennifer! I'll be holding a new contest starting on Monday.

1 comments:

amyanne said...

Ha...I thought I was the only one. My son will sleep into to 8-9 on a school day if I let him...but on Saturday he's up at the crack of dawn!

You're daughter is a cutie! Just wait until the Hannah Montana and High Musical craze sets in! :)