Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Baking



I'm sure you've had one of those days; everyone does, but why is it when I try to do something good for my family, everything seems to go wrong? The house is coming together well; Jesse and Molly are working on the girls' room tonight. I just need to put out the knick-knacks, and the house will be done. (Don't count the basement). Tonight I decided to make lasagna with a side of spaghetti bread for supper. I also wanted to try out a new recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies from Nestle. Jesse, his dad, and his brothers will be spending the weekend in the hunting shack, so I wanted to send some goodies with him. In the midst of frying the hamburger for the lasagna, I discovered that the ricotta cheese had disappeared from the fridge. No one would accept responsibility, so Jess had to run to the store to get more. In the meantime I was baking cookies (and bread). Our oven doesn't work well. The top heating element only works when on broil, so I bake things about 2/3 of the way through, then I turn the oven to broil to cook the top. The first batch came out perfectly, the second batch burned on the bottom. The bread machine didn't work quite right, so the loaf of breaf is lopsided and on the small side. As long as it all tastes good, I guess it's ok. It's days like this that call for lots of what's pictured!

0 comments: