Today is part three of my discussion of Psalm 119. If you haven't read the previous posts, please first go here, and then here. Psalm 119 is a loving tribute to God's Word. My first post discusses the benefits that come from studying and loving the Bible; the second post lists the reasons why we can trust it.
Today's post is a bit different. Any time that we read in the Bible of promises that come from following God's commandments, it's usually followed up by a warning for those who choose not to obey. Please take a little time to refresh your memory of Psalm 119 by rereading it here. The benefits for those who trust and obey the Lord's Word are wonderful: joy, life, comfort, peace, encouragement, and many more. The warnings should give anyone cause to rethink their position.
- They will be ashamed Verse 6
- They sin against God Verse 11
- They will be rebuked and cursed by God Verse 21
- They have dull and stupid hearts Verse 70
- They will be in misery Verse 92
- They have a false way of life Verse 104
- They are far from rescue Verse 155
- They have divided loyalties Verse 113
- They will be rejected Verse 118
- They are fooling themselves Verse 118
- They will be skimmed off like scum Verse 119
- They lack discernment Verse 125
- They will be overcome by evil Verse 133