Monday, October 11, 2010

Missing Johnny

Sunday night my husband Jesse's cousin, John Lockstein Jr passed away after a long battle with cancer. Johnny and Jesse grew up like brothers, lived next door to each other, and got into plenty of trouble along with Jesse's two brothers and Johnny's two sisters.

Johnny was just 33 and leaves behind a wife, Tina, and a nine-year-old son, Tyler. If a death can be called beautiful, Johnny's was. He was surrounded by loved ones, was finally without pain, and knew exactly where he was going: home to the Lord.

It is a bittersweet day, because there is a huge hole in all of our lives, but we all know that he suffered terribly in the last year. No one should face pain like that. No one. Ever.

Please pray for his wife and son, two sisters, mother and father, two grandmothers, lots of aunts and uncles, and many, many cousins. He was a wonderful man and is terribly missed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I just want you to know that you are all heavy in my heart. I was Tyler's first-grade teacher and I adore the whole family. The picture you have on your blog is a special one. It captures both Tyler and John's big smiles that showed a genuine and very deep love of each other and love of life. Whenever the two of them came into my classroom I was honored with those big smiles and I will always treasure that. :-) He will truly be missed. Tyler, you remind me so much of your dad. You are a very special person. Mrs. Britton