Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Moonbeam Dreams


Welcome to another edition of Mia & Mommy's Book Blog!

Moonbeam Dreams
by Gina Browning is a sweetly rhyming tale perfect for bedtime. First Mia's review: I liked the rhyming. Here is one of my favorites: And I'll tell you a secret to add to your fun- just wiggle your ears or curl up your tongue...The book was all about dreams, and I want to dream like that from now on! She said "don't be concerned" a little too often. My favorite page was the one about the critters who eat Vegemite, but I had to ask my mom what that was! Her pictures were very colorful! Now my review: At first, I was a little put off by the ratio of words to pictures in Moonbeam Dreams, but Browning's eloquent turn of phrase and fast rhyming kept the pages turning quickly and kept Mia rapt. She was very fascinated by the munchers and crunchers and created her own story just about that one page! I think that's what the author is trying to encourage with this book. She wants children to feel free to dream without limitation or hesitation (she's got me rhyming now!) and to let their imaginations run wild. While perfect for nighttime reading and sending a little one off to dreamland, this is also an excellent read for daytime when a child can spend time examining each page and using it as a springboard for their imagination. It's a pleasure for both parents and their kids.

Thank you to Pump Up Your Book Tour for providing us with a copy of this book for review.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Review Christy. Thanks so much! Will you be putting it on Amazon?

Thanks again!!

Happy dreams to you and your daughter!
Gina C. Browning

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the great review of Ginba's book. It has been very popular during the tour. I'm glad you and Mia enjoyed it.

Cheryl