Monday, November 23, 2009

God is With Me Through the Day & Night

Mia & Mommy's Book Blog is back today!

God is with Me through the Day by Julie Cantrell is a sweet photo book for kids. First, Mia's thoughts: My favorite page of this whole book is the picture of the baby raccoon feeling alone. I liked the cute pictures of the baby animals. I like the Bible verse at the end of the book. Now my review. I loved this adorable hardcover book! Every page features a charming photo of baby animals that illustrates the story. The story is written is simple language that my six-year-old daughter was able to read by herself with just a little bit of help. The message is excellent: even when they feel small and all alone in this great big world, God is always with them and will keep them safe. The pictures will capture even the smallest child's interest, and the message of faith and trust in the Lord a vital one.

God is with Me through the Night
by Julie Cantrell is the companion volume to God is with Me through the Day. Again Mia's thoughts: the kitty was silly, afraid of its own shadow. My favorite part of the book was the little puppy feeling alone. Some of the pictures made me feel sad along with the animals. I think I will sleep better tonight because God is with me. My review: This book closely parallels the previous one with another message of not feeling alone and trusting in God's care. Mia strongly related to the images of the animals. In the photos where they appeared sad or frightened, she oohed and awwed in empathy. Following through with the message of hope, we are both hopeful that it is one that will stick with her when she is afraid at night. This set of books would make a terrific gift for a baby shower or as a Christmas present.

Thank you to ZonderKidz for providing Mia and I with copies of both of these books!

And Zonderkidz wants other children to enjoy these books as well! I have an set of two to give away to one lucky winner. If you'd like to win, just leave a comment on any of my posts this week (you only have to post once) or send me an email before 10 pm on Friday, November 27th. I'll announce the winner here on Saturday. Good luck!

0 comments: