Monday, November 30, 2009

God Gave Us Love & Christmas

Welcome to another addition of Mia & Mommy's Book Blog!


God Gave Us Love by Lisa Tawn Bergren & illustrated by Laura J. Bryant is a wonderful addition to the Little Cub polar bear series. First Mia's review: I love the book so much!! It's very cool, and my favorite page is the one with the group hug. Group hug, everybody! I liked the part that said that Jesus loves us, even when we do something wrong, no matter we do. Now my review: This book couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Mia has been struggling with some self-esteem issues, so the message that God loving us no matter what was a timely one. Often as we read the book, she asked the very question that Little Cub asked and had it answered on the next page. One small quibble: the spelling of Grandpa/Grampa is not consistent throughout the book. This is a fantastic addition to a terrific series.


God Gave Us Christmas by Lisa Tawn Bergren & illustrated by David Hohn is a holiday addition to the Little Cub series. Mia's review: I love Christmas! I love God too! and I love this book! My favorite part was when Mama Bear was tickling Little Cub, because it shows without speaking how God loves us. The Northern Lights are so pretty in this whole book! Now my review: The artwork in this volume is truly stellar bringing every scene to life. Mama Bear takes Little Cub on a journey to show him God and the real meaning of Christmas. Mama Bear keeps the focus on God rather than Santa without dismissing the icon. Bergren & Hohn use nature to demonstrate God's love and presence in the world in a way that young readers can easily understand. A top notch addition to the series.


Mia wants me to let you know that she has another loose tooth! One of her top ones. I'll keep you updated as to its status.


I'm giving away this pair of books to one lucky reader! If you'd like to win, just leave a comment on any of my posts this week or send me an email before 10 pm on Thursday, Dec. 3rd. I'll post the winner here on Friday. Good luck!

0 comments: