Saturday, September 05, 2009

The Frontiersman's Daughter

Today as the Amish quilt auction, which I've been looking forward to for a full year! Mom and I missed the auction back in May, so I had a lot of hope riding on today. Unfortunately, Mom had to work until 1:30, so she got there late, and Molly decided to spend the day with her new boyfriend Tyler instead of go. I was looking for a new comforter for our bed, and I found just the perfect one, and for a terrific price. It doesn't get much better than that! Jesse was happy with it too, definitely not too feminine for our bedroom! I also picked up some birdhouses and bird feeders, plus lots of gifts for family. I'll post some pictures once I put batteries in my camera.

The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz is a haunting western romance readers won't soon forget. Lael Click lives in the shadow of her father's captivity with the Shawnee Indians as well as several family secrets. While living in bondage to the past, she has to somehow make a way for her future. Frantz' writing is lyrical and beautiful, every page is a pleasure to read. She creates an atmosphere of dread that follows Lael throughout much of her life, making it difficult for her to trust. I loved Lael; she was fully realized, and I ached for her losses and desire for love. Full of rich historical detail and realistic characters, this novel will leave readers wanting more from Frantz!

I have to share a conversation Mia recently had with my mother. Remember, Mia is only 6-1/2!
Mom: Mia, you are so pretty in pink today!
Mia: But not as much as yesterday!
Mom: That's because pink is your favorite color.
Mia: Not anymore, I changed it to blue.
Mom: Oh
Mia: Hey Grandma, guess what's my favorite color!
Mom: ...blue?
Mia: No!
Mom: Purple?
Mia: No, that's Mommy's.
Mom: Yellow?
Mia: That is so not me!
Mom: Green?
Mia: Grandma! That's a boy color!
Mom: Red?
Mia: That's your favorite color, not mine!
Mom: *sigh* blue?
Mia: Yep, I just love playing with your head!

Today's pic is from Lolcats and is one of my current faves! Just too good not to share!

1 comments:

Laura Frantz said...

Christy,
I just came across your review on Amazon and wanted to thank you for posting such gracious thoughts about my book. Readers like you make it so worthwhile. Bless you in all you do!