Friday, August 21, 2009

Sunflower Serenade

Here's another list of wonderful quotes and Bible verses that have spoken to my heart over the last few weeks. They were too good not to share with you.

But as for me, I am poor and needy; please hurry to my aid, O God. You are my helper and my savior; O Lord, do not delay. Psalm 70:5

The Holy Ghost wants to mold you, and change does not come without being handled by God. -Shay Bills

You may trust the Lord too little, but you can never trust Him too much. -Anonymous

The ear tests the words it hears just as the mouth distinguishes between foods. -Job 12:11

God believes in me,
Therefore my situation is never hopeless. God walks with me, Therefore I am never alone. God is on my side, Therefore I can never lose. -Anonymous

Abundant life is not dependent on your discipline or how good you try to become. It is you simply allowing Christ to live His life within you. -Neb Hayden

You belong to the power which you choose to obey, whether you choose sin, whose reward is death, or God, obedience to whom means the reward of righteousness. -Romans 6:16

It should be a perpetual race between you and your spouse to see who can serve the most, not who gets to call the shots. -Neb Hayden

After a certain point, all of our growth comes in terms of humility. -Oswald Chambers

The path of the righteous is like the light of the dawn, it keeps on getting brighter and brighter until the full day. -Proverbs 4:8

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived. -John Eldredge

Sunflower Seren
ade by Tricia Goyer is the 12th book in the Home to Heather Creek series from Guideposts. The story picks up with the Stevenson family just as the county fair begins. Charlotte is trying to juggle her entries for the fair with her normal family duties. Sam is excited about a visit from his friend Jordan from San Diego. And Emily discovers a new talent, but sacrifices an old friend for popularity. All this, along with a concert from country star Shae-Lynn, and the city of Bedford is full of excitement. Goyer has a terrific talent for creating realistic dialogue and dilemmas for the teens in this series. Emily's conversations with her friends and grandparents are spot-on, and her struggle to fit in is so familiar! Goyer captures all of the beauties and flaws of small town life from jealousy to the infighting at board meetings, and she makes it all enjoyable for the reader. This is a family I always enjoy spending time with, and I look forward to every entry in the series.

Today's pics are a few I've found online that show the amazing creativity of God. From the tallest mountain in the world to a tiny berry, every part of creation bears His fingerprint and His love for us.

The winners of Meltdown were Dawn Harris and Jill Schmidt. Congratulations to both of them! I'll be starting a new book contest on Monday, so make sure you come back then! Have a great weekend!


0 comments: