Sunday, December 21, 2008

We Believe in Christmas

A quick update on the van. God must have been waiting for me to offer Him praise yesterday instead of the angry prayers I was directly His way, because as soon as I finished blogging yesterday with my attempt to find joy in the midst of adversity, I received a phone call from my dad with a lead on a fuel pump for under $100. It was on eBay! How could I have missed that, considering I sell on there on the time? Anyway, we bought the fuel pump tonight and will hopefully have it by the end of the week, just in time for a trip to Sun Prairie to celebrate with Jesse's brothers. So God did save us yet again, the $400 part was $67.


I have to share a cute thing Mia said about Baby Isaac earlier this week. We were talking about Isaac being born. Mia said, "Mommy, I know why babies cry when they are born." I, of course, asked for her explanation. She continued, "Because when they come of out of Mommy, they are naked, so they cry because they are embarrassed."

Mia & Mommy's Book Blog is finally back!

We Believe in Christmas by Karen Kingsbury and illustrated by Daniel Brown is the perfect book for the holidays. Here's Mia's review: I liked how much this book talked about God in Christmas. My favorite page was the cover with the little girl as Jesus' mommy. This is one of my favorite books in the whole world, because it's the Christmassiest. Now my review. I really enjoyed reading this book to Mia, partly because of the absolutely beautiful pictures on every page and also because of so many of the different traditions associated with Christmas the artist captures and are worked into the story as a way to remember the true meaning of Christmas. The book emphasizes the real meaning of Christmas without being preachy. It says that it's ok to sit on Santa's lap, say Happy Holidays, and other secular traditions, as long as we keep hold to Christ at the heart of Christmas. I think that Mia was able to grasp the message without feeling like she was being taught a lesson. The family at the center of the book is wonderfully drawn, and their faces are so full of expression. Each pagei s truly a work of art. We've read this book several times, and immediately after the first time, Mia wanted to read it again. Another reason she enjoyed it was the repetition of the concluding phrase on every page (except the last one), she loved being able finish it herself. Kingsbury has created an instant classic.

We had Christmas at my dad and stepmom's tonight. It was a lot of fun. Mia got to spend time with some of her cousins and got a ton of toys, including a Flarp. Flarp is Noise Putty. It sounds like farting when you squish it in the container. Awesome, thank you so much Mom and Dad! LOL

0 comments: