Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Dark Pursuit

Mia took the news of Dotty's death very well, but I can claim no credit for that. Jesse asked if he could talk to her privately, and while I at first said no, I wanted to be there for her, I realized that I was so emotional that she couldn't help but react to it. Mia is very firm in her faith, and she loves the idea of a Heaven where there are no tears and no one ever hurts or is sick again. Jesse knelt down on the floor near her and told her that Jesus had taken Dotty home to Heaven with Him so that she could see and be healthy again. Rather than dwell on how Dotty died or that we would miss her, Jesse focused right in on what would give Mia hope rather than sorrow. She didn't shed a tear, and later, she said a prayer for Jake to not be so sad about it.


I was proud of her on Thanksgiving too. She hadn't seen my Uncle Howard in quite some time, so he was a virtual stranger to her, and I was concerned that she would be put off by all of the scars from his surgery. Before we headed over to Mom's, I talked to her about who he was and what the scars were from and how he would feel sad if she acted frightened of him. I should have known better. Mia was loving and sweet to him, even posing for the picture above. She has such an amazing heart for people. I can't help but wonder what the Lord has in store for her future.

Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins is the newest thriller by Christian fiction's Queen of Suspense. Darell Brooke was the King of Suspense for over twenty years, until a car accident robbed him of his ability to focus and remember. After a fight with his granddaughter, Kaitlan, he kicked her out of his house and his life, but when her life is in danger from her boyfriend, Darell may be the only one who can save her, if he can keep his wits about him for long enough to outsmart a ruthless killer. I don't know where Collins comes up with her ideas, but sometimes I worry about her ability to get inside of the head of a killer with such chilling accuracy and detail. Collins is famous for writing "Seatbelt Suspense", and it is a title well earned! From the opening page to the final word, I couldn't put this book down, and the pages simply flew by! Collins writes with a great talent for creating likable, believable characters and mind-boggling circumstances. She's created another thrilling winner!

By the way, how do you like the new look on the blog? I found the most amazing website, The Cutest Blog on the Block, which lets me change the background on the blog easily, and I simply adore how it looks. Plus, all those IE6 users who couldn't view the blog before, can see it now. Yay!

0 comments: