Friday, February 29, 2008

What Does the Bible Say About...?

Mia and I stayed home from work and school today. I woke up and told Jesse, "You know it's a bad day when the first thing you do in the morning is pop a vicodin." He says that's not the first time he's heard me say that. I knew I was overdoing it yesterday even as I was working, but I couldn't seem to stop moving. I went to work and ran errands, then came home and did laundry and cleaned the kitchen. I even called Jesse at one point and asked him to help me stop, because I knew I would suffer for it today. That's the blessing and curse of prednisone. Sometimes I have so much energy I can't sit still, but if I do too much, I'll pay for the it the next day. Mia's curled up in the living room watching Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (again) while I blog on my in-laws' new laptop (Jesse brought it home last night to get things set up; I'm taking advantage of the opportunity). I am looking forward to tonight. I'm trying to put my anxieties aside and just enjoy the opportunity for Jesse and I to get out of the house together (without going to Wal-Mart).


What Does the Bible Say About...? by Ron Rhodes is an invaluable resource for all Christians. Rhodes addresses questions about angels, demons, Biblical accuracy and cults all with straight forward, easy to understand answers. He backs up every point with Scripture, so even if you don't necessarily agree with him about something (pre-millenialism vs post-millenialism e.g.) you can do your own research. He also takes on fallacies put forth by Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons in their view of Scripture. This book answered so many of my questions, and even when the topic is difficult to explain such as the Trinity or nature of the Holy Spirit, Rhodes still manages to make his answer understandable and easy to remember. This is a book that will remain on my nightstand near my Bible for easy access. The night after I finished reading it, my husband had a question about Melchizidek. I grabbed the book, flipped to the right page and let him read Rhodes answer for himself. This is a terrific book no Bible reader should be without.
The winner of the Closer Than Your Skin book giveaway was Marilyn Martin. Congratulations Marilyn! Your book will be in the mail next week!

0 comments: