Friday, September 07, 2007

Sushi for One




School started on Tuesday, and the pics are of the kids before the bus came. Please excuse Doogie's scowl: he's fighting allergies and was fighting a sneeze. Mia only had a brief orientation on Tuesday, no school on Wednesday, a day with half her class yesterday, and a normal day today. I hope next week doesn't confuse her. She was very nervous about riding the bus for the first time this morning, but Molly said she settled in and was only scared when Molly got off at the high school. When I picked her up, she was her normal chatterbox talking at hyperspeed about her day and all she'd done. I felt a little lost this morning with no one in the house but me, but I think that I can get used to it.

I held another pastoral care conference at the hospital where I work yesterday. It was hands down the best meeting we've had. When I started doing this a year ago, the attendance was seven. Yesterday we had eighteen, and people were eating off corners of the table, because there wasn't enough room! I really do love my job, and the Lord shows me regularly that this is where I'm supposed to be.

Sushi for One
by Camy Tang is the first book in the Sushi series. Lex Sakai, volleyball coach and player has just become OSFC (Oldest Single Female Cousin) in her clan due to cousin Mariko's upcoming wedding. Lex's grandmother insists that Lex find a boyfriend (the real deal, no fake) in time for the wedding or she's pulling funding for Lex's junior high girls volleyball team. Lex is desperate to get the funding, so she starts a manhunt with help from her cousins, but her list of qualifications in a man keeps growing longer and longer and no man seems to measure up. Tang manages with great ease to pull off the delicacy of writing hilarious pratfalls along with deep friendship and faith. Lex's clumsiness had me in tears laughing at the poor girl and then again in tears at her frustration at the failure of her body. Aidan doesn't stand a chance against Lex, and he knows it, but just can't seem to help himself. Tang makes Aidan and Lex's feelings for each grow naturally without force. Lex's cousins are fascinating in and of themselves, and I can't wait to read the next book in the series! I crown Camy Tang Queen of Asian Christian Chick-Lit!

I'm currently reading Dealing with Crazymakers. The book reads in some ways like my lifestory, and I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter on how to actually deal with them. Certain crazymakers in my life are stirring up more trouble than usual.

2 comments:

Camy Tang said...

I'm so glad you liked the book! Thanks!
Camy

Anonymous said...

People on Christy's list are likely to enjoy and benefit from our new book to be published Nov. 1st. After The Glass Slipper (www.AfterTheGlassSlipper.com)
or buy from Amazon.com
Diane Sollee, Founder of Smart Marriages has call the book: "Wonderful! Delight to Read, sheer genius. Give to every newly wed."
Book show, in fiction, what happens after Cinderella get's married and how she "learns" to live happily ever after.
Best, Jon & Beverly Meyerson